Each behavior/rule is defined as a pair of Trigger-Action listed below.
“If you need your phone to adopt some autonomy, you can’t go wrong here” – www.androidpolice.com
“sometimes I’d like my phone to do stuff all on its own. It’s an Android after all” – www.androidapps.com
“AutomateIt Is a Simple and Free Android Automation Tool” – www.lifehacker.com
“It’s truly an amazing app” – www.androidpit.com
AutomateIt provides a default set of useful rules to get you started:
Low battery warning
Quiet at night
Normal sound mode at morning
Max volume when headset unplugged
Lower volume when headset plugged
Unmute by SMS
• Any SMS Trigger – Triggers on SMS received
• SMS With Text Trigger – Triggers on receipt of SMS Message with a specific text
• Battery Level Trigger – Triggers on a defined battery level
• Bluetooth State Enabled/Disabled
• Bluetooth Device Connected – Any device or specific device
• Incoming/Hang Call – Any call or from a specific contact
• Headset Plugged/Unplugged Trigger
• Location Trigger – Arriving/Exiting a defined region
• External Power Connected/Disconnected
• Screen On/Off
• Wi-Fi Enabled/Disabled
• Connected to Wi-Fi network – Any network or a specific network
• Time Trigger – recurring time events
• Background data settings changed – enabling or disabling the background data setting
• GPS Enabled Changed – GPS Activated/Deactivated and started/stopped looking for current location
• SMS from contact
• USB Connected/Disconnected Trigger
• Airplane Mode Activated/Deactivated
• Dock State Trigger – Docked to Car/Desk
• Application Status Trigger – Triggers when selected application activated or deactivated
• Outgoing call – all calls or calling specific contact
• Sound Mode Changed to Silent/Vibrate/Normal
• Boot Trigger – triggers on device startup (assuming service starts on boot)
• Manual Trigger – Requires user explicit execution of this trigger
• Cell ID Trigger – Trigger when connecting or disconnecting from defined cellular cells
• NFC Trigger – use NFC tags to launch rules
• Weather Trigger – Monitor weather at your location
• Mobile Data State Trigger
• Activity Recognition – an EXPERIMENTAL trigger that detects when you are in a car, on a bicycle, on foot or standing still
• Notification – Shows notification on notification bar
• Play Sound – Plays selected sound
• Set Bluetooth State – Enabled/Disabled
• Set Sound Mode – Silent / Vibrate / Normal (With/Without Vibrate)
• Set Speakerphone State – Turn on/off
• Set Volume – Sets volume of all streams or a specific stream
• Set Wi-Fi Adapter State – Enabled/Disabled
• Start Application
• Enable/Disable other rules
• Vibrate action
• Enable/Disable Data Connectivity action – [NOT supported on some devices – see why on developer website]
• Kill Application [Requires Root – see why on developer website]
• Launch Home Screen
• Activate/Deactivate Airplane mode [Supported for Android version prior to 4.2 and all rooted devices]
• Enable/Disable GPS [Supported for Android version prior to 2.3 and all rooted devices]
• Enable/Disable Sync
• Set Mobile Data – Enable/Disable Mobile Data
• Set Screen Brightness – Automatic or specific value
• Enable/Disable screen automatic rotation
• Dial Phone Number
• Send SMS to phone number
• Set screen timeout (Including “Never” turn off)
• Shutdown device [Requires Root]
• Text-to-Speech – Say defined text
• Reboot [Requires Root]
• Set Wallpaper – set your home screen wallpaper
Want to AutomateIt with your own language ? visit http://automateitapp.com/translateit.
Supports English, German, Spanish, Hebrew, Polish, Danish, French, Italian, Czech, Slovak, Romanian, Chinese, Hungarian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Dutch and Russian.
What’s in this version:
• New Trigger: Activity Recognition – an EXPERIMENTAL trigger that detects when you are in a car, on a bicycle, on foot or standing still
• You can now decide if you want a popup message per rule and not only as a global setting
• Have you visited our forums ? – http://automateitapp.com/forums
• Updated translation
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
More details at http://goo.gl/Pk58f
THIS APPLICATION HAS ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING:
- YOUR LOCATION
APPROXIMATE LOCATION (NETWORK-BASED)Allows the app to get your approximate location. This location is derived by location services using network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine approximately where you are.PRECISE LOCATION (GPS AND NETWORK-BASED)Allows the app to get your precise location using the Global Positioning System (GPS) or network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
- YOUR MESSAGES
RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES (SMS)Allows the app to receive and process SMS messages. This means the app could monitor or delete messages sent to your device without showing them to you.SEND SMS MESSAGESAllows the app to send SMS messages. This may result in unexpected charges. Malicious apps may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.READ YOUR TEXT MESSAGES (SMS OR MMS)Allows the app to read SMS messages stored on your device or SIM card. This allows the app to read all SMS messages, regardless of content or confidentiality.
- NETWORK COMMUNICATION
CONNECT AND DISCONNECT FROM WI-FIAllows the app to connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points and to make changes to device configuration for Wi-Fi networks.FULL NETWORK ACCESSAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.CONTROL NEAR FIELD COMMUNICATIONAllows the app to communicate with Near Field Communication (NFC) tags, cards, and readers.
- YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
READ CALENDAR EVENTS PLUS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATIONAllows the app to read all calendar events stored on your device, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to share or save your calendar data, regardless of confidentiality or sensitivity.
- PHONE CALLS
READ PHONE STATUS AND IDENTITYAllows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERSAllows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. This may result in unexpected charges or calls. Note that this doesn’t allow the app to call emergency numbers. Malicious apps may cost you money by making calls without your confirmation.REROUTE OUTGOING CALLSAllows the app to process outgoing calls and change the number to be dialed. This permission allows the app to monitor, redirect, or prevent outgoing calls.
MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR USB STORAGEAllows the app to write to the USB storage.
- YOUR APPLICATIONS INFORMATION
RETRIEVE RUNNING APPSAllows the app to retrieve information about currently and recently running tasks. This may allow the app to discover information about which applications are used on the device.
PAIR WITH BLUETOOTH DEVICESAllows the app to view the configuration of Bluetooth on the device, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.ACCESS BLUETOOTH SETTINGSAllows the app to configure the local Bluetooth device, and to discover and pair with remote devices.
- LOCK SCREEN
DISABLE YOUR SCREEN LOCKAllows the app to disable the keylock and any associated password security. For example, the phone disables the keylock when receiving an incoming phone call, then re-enables the keylock when the call is finished.
- YOUR SOCIAL INFORMATION
READ YOUR CONTACTSAllows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your device, including the frequency with which you’ve called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge.READ CALL LOGAllows the app to read your device’s call log, including data about incoming and outgoing calls. This permission allows apps to save your call log data, and malicious apps may share call log data without your knowledge.
- YOUR ACCOUNTS
FIND ACCOUNTS ON THE DEVICEAllows the app to get the list of accounts known by the device. This may include any accounts created by applications you have installed.
- DEVELOPMENT TOOLS
READ SENSITIVE LOG DATAAllows the app to read from the system’s various log files. This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the device, potentially including personal or private information.
- NETWORK COMMUNICATION
VIEW WI-FI CONNECTIONSAllows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and name of connected Wi-Fi devices.VIEW NETWORK CONNECTIONSAllows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.CHANGE NETWORK CONNECTIVITYAllows the app to change the state of network connectivity.
- PHONE CALLS
MODIFY PHONE STATEAllows the app to control the phone features of the device. An app with this permission can switch networks, turn the phone radio on and off and the like without ever notifying you.
- SYSTEM TOOLS
MODIFY SYSTEM SETTINGSAllows the app to modify the system’s settings data. Malicious apps may corrupt your system’s configuration.SEND STICKY BROADCASTAllows the app to send sticky broadcasts, which remain after the broadcast ends. Excessive use may make the device slow or unstable by causing it to use too much memory.TEST ACCESS TO PROTECTED STORAGEAllows the app to test a permission for USB storage that will be available on future devices.
- AFFECTS BATTERY
CONTROL VIBRATIONAllows the app to control the vibrator.PREVENT DEVICE FROM SLEEPINGAllows the app to prevent the device from going to sleep.
- YOUR APPLICATIONS INFORMATION
RUN AT STARTUPAllows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the device and allow the app to slow down the overall device by always running.
- AUDIO SETTINGS
CHANGE YOUR AUDIO SETTINGSAllows the app to modify global audio settings such as volume and which speaker is used for output.
- SYNC SETTINGS
READ SYNC SETTINGSAllows the app to read the sync settings for an account. For example, this can determine whether the People app is synced with an account.TOGGLE SYNC ON AND OFFAllows an app to modify the sync settings for an account. For example, this can be used to enable sync of the People app with an account.
SET WALLPAPERAllows the app to set the system wallpaper.