Learn Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, and English. Totally fun. Totally free.
PC Magazine Editors’ Choice for Language Learning: “Among iPhone apps for learning or practicing a language, you can’t beat Duolingo.”
“Far and away the best free language-learning app.” —The Wall Street Journal
“We’ve also tried a few other methods such as book learning and Rosetta Stone, both of which bombed. That’s why I jumped at the chance to try Duolingo. And believe me, it’s addictive.” —FluentIn3Months.com
Duolingo is changing the way people learn languages.
With Duolingo, you learn a language completely free, without ads or hidden charges. You have fun while you learn, leveling up and competing with friends. You have the opportunity to translate real-world texts in the language you are learning, and in doing so, help us translate the Web into other languages.
Yeah, it’s pretty sweet.
– Universal app. Duolingo has been fully redesigned for iPad, the perfect device for learning! You’ll have more screen space to browse your skill tree, see friends, and type in answers.
– More stability. This new version fixes a few rare crashing issues.
– Landscape mode. Hold your device however you like, even Gangnam style.
– Awesome new sidebar. With a single tap on the icon to the left of the Duolingo logo, you can now access your stats, see the leaderboard, and strengthen your skills. This spiffy sidebar is always visible on iPad.
- Updated: Jul 12, 2013
- Version: 2.0.6
- Size: 34.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Duolingo, Inc
- © 2013 Duolingo, Inc.
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.