DynamicNotifications allows you to receive important notifications when your screen is off. When you miss a call or receive a new email/SMS, the display will discreetly light up to let you know, without needing to unlock the device. Most phones only have a pulsing notification LED that doesn’t actually tell you anything about the incoming notification – with DynamicNotifications, you can immediately decide if something is important enough to act.
* Notifications don’t light up when your phone is in your pocket, purse, or face down to avoid accidental unlocks
* Select which app-notifications you’d like to receive via DynamicNotifications
* Change the appearance of the app (custom foreground/background color/image, show the date near the clock, change the main notification border style, and more)
* “Custom timeout”: Select for how long DynamicNotifications should be shown (Premium feature)
* “Breathing notifications”: Let not yet dismissed notifications reappear after custom intervals (Premium feature)
* “Night mode”: Don’t show notifications at night (Premium feature)
* “Hide additional details”: Hide additional notification details (e.g. SMS text, sender) (Premium feature)
* “Use as lockscreen”: Use the app as a replacement for your stock lockscreen (Premium feature)
* “Auto-wake”: Automatically turn on the screen when you pull the device out of your pocket or pick it up from lying face-down (!) on a table (Premium feature)
* “Custom brightness”: Select how bright the DynamicNotifications screen should be (Premium feature)
* “Edit swipe actions”: Choose the action (e.g. unlock, dismiss, launch camera/custom app) for each swipe direction (Premium feature)
– Swipe right to see more details about the notification
– Swipe left to unlock the device (respects your unlock-security settings)
– Swipe up or down to dismiss the notification
– How can I make sure the app is working correctly?
Launch the app and follow the setup steps. Then, switch off your phone’s screen and send an email to yourself from your PC. After a few seconds, the notification screen should light up!
– The screen sometimes turns on to the lockscreen, even if my phone is in my pocket
Please go to your phone’s system settings –> “Security” –> “Device administrators” and tick the checkbox next to “DynamicNotifications”. This will *only* allow the app to lock your screen, nothing else!
– When I lock my screen, nothing happens!
The app isn’t a lockscreen replacement. It respects your security settings (PIN/Pattern lock) and only appears if you actually receive a new notification while the screen is turned off
– Will the app become available for Android 2.x, 3.x, 4.x?
The app is now compatible with Android >=4.0. If you’re running Android 4.3, it will make use of the new “NotificationListenerService”-feature introduced in Android 4.3.
– Why can’t I uninstall the app?
Please go to your system settings, select “Security”, “Device Administrators” and uncheck the DynamicNotifications-entry. You will then be able to uninstall the app.
– My phone starts talking to me when I enable the app?!
This is a known Samsung-bug; Please go your system settings, select “Apps” –> Samsung TTS engine –> Disable.
Please note: This is an experimental app. It has been confirmed to work on the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, 7, 10, and the Google Play edition of the S4 (all running stock Android 4.3 or CM10.2) so far. Please let me know if it does/doesn’t work for you! It should work on any phone with Android >=4.0 and doesn’t require “root”.
Feature graphic design by Robert Olejnik (http://goo.gl/LNXimn). App formerly known as “ActiveNotifications”