Skype WiFiGet online at over 1 million WiFi hotspots around the world. Pay per minute with Skype Credit. The must-have app for trips abroad and international travelers.
Reduce your data roaming costs when you’re abroad:
• Use Skype WiFi to connect to WiFi hotspots at hotels, airports, train stations, bars and restaurants – available at over 1 million hotspots worldwide.
• Just one tap to connect – then browse the internet, check email, use Skype, check Facebook, update Twitter, upload photos, download music or ebooks.
• Only pay for the time you’re connected – there are no limits on the amount of data you can upload or download.
It’s easy to get started:
• Download the free Skype WiFi app.
• Sign in with your Skype account.
• Make sure you have some Skype Credit in your account.
Getting online at a compatible hotspot:
• Open the Skype WiFi app
• Tap Connect.
• You’re online! Simple.
Once you’ve finished, just tap Disconnect.
Great low per-minute prices, wherever you’re connecting:
• With Skype WiFi, you can go online and pay by the minute. Before you connect, you’ll clearly see the price of the hotspot you’re connecting to.
• Remember, you’ll only ever be charged for the minutes you’re connected, not the amount you download or upload.
• You’re in control – each session lasts for a maximum of 30 minutes and you’ll be asked to reconnect if you wish to continue your session. You can tap Disconnect at any time.
• Check Skype WiFi availability and costs at http://www.skype.com/go/skypewifi.
• Android device running Android 2.2 or newer
• WiFi connection to compatible network
• Skype Account with Skype Credit required
Skype WiFi is provided by 3rd party WiFi operators around the world.
What’s in this version:
Improved performance and fixes
THIS APPLICATION HAS ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING:
- YOUR LOCATION
PRECISE LOCATION (GPS AND NETWORK-BASED)Allows the app to get your precise location using the Global Positioning System (GPS) or network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
- NETWORK COMMUNICATION
FULL NETWORK ACCESSAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR USB STORAGE MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR SD CARDAllows the app to write to the USB storage. Allows the app to write to the SD card.
- SYSTEM TOOLS
CHANGE NETWORK CONNECTIVITYAllows the app to change the state of network connectivity.CONNECT AND DISCONNECT FROM WI-FIAllows the app to connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points and to make changes to device configuration for Wi-Fi networks.
- NETWORK COMMUNICATION
VIEW NETWORK CONNECTIONSAllows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.VIEW WI-FI CONNECTIONSAllows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and name of connected Wi-Fi devices.
TEST ACCESS TO PROTECTED STORAGE TEST ACCESS TO PROTECTED STORAGEAllows the app to test a permission for USB storage that will be available on future devices. Allows the app to test a permission for the SD card that will be available on future devices.