Turns your Android phone into a free WiFi Hotspot – no rooting or tether plan required.You can connect from any computers or tablets or even game console. Access Point is infrastructure mode with WPA2 security. FoxFi usage is covered under the same phone data plan you have and no tether plan needed. This saves you $20/month from your carrier.
The free version now has a usage limit that requires you to restart FoxFi to continue using free mode. You can purchase the full version key to unlock this.
Currently WiFi mode does not work on most phones with Jelly Bean (except for a few models) and most HTC phones (except for HTC One). However Bluetooth mode works for all phones. To check and see if WiFi mode can be supported on your phone visit http://foxfi.com/devices
*Sprint and AT&T has removed FoxFi from Market. If you can not find FoxFi please install or upgrade from http://foxfi.com/bin, or scan the QR code in the third screenshot.
Here are some tips to help your usage:
1. On some models if you run into WiFi problem after using the Hotspot, simply reboot your phone and rename the hotspot before activating to clear the issue.
2. For some Samsung phones if your computer is not able to get an IP address, try to turn on WiFi on the phone first and make sure it does not connect to any WiFi network, then turn on FoxFi.
3. FoxFi is tested on non-rooted phones. If your phone has a rooted ROM it may or may not work.
4. When WiFi hotspot is activated you may also see a hotspot notification of the built-in WiFi hotspot feature. Please ignore it. As long as you do not sign up for a tether plan you won’t be charged.
5. If you enter or change the hotspot password, make sure you rename the hotspot also before activating.
6. Sometimes Windows need a “repair” on the WiFi menu to get a correct IP address.
7. If you install the FoxFi AddOn app, you will also be able to hide tether usage by setting a proxy server address in the computer browser.
What’s in this version:
New version adds a USB tethering capability from PdaNet in case WiFi mode is blocked by your carrier’s phone updates. USB mode works for ALL Android phones. Also faster and more stable.
This application has access to the following:
- Network communication
full network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.pair with Bluetooth devicesAllows the app to view the configuration of Bluetooth on the tablet, and to make and accept connections with paired devices. Allows the app to view the configuration of the Bluetooth on the phone, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.
- System tools
change network connectivityAllows the app to change the state of network connectivity.connect and disconnect from Wi-FiAllows the app to connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points and to make changes to device configuration for Wi-Fi networks.prevent tablet from sleeping prevent phone from sleepingAllows the app to prevent the tablet from going to sleep. Allows the app to prevent the phone from going to sleep.retrieve running appsAllows the app to retrieve information about currently and recently running tasks. This may allow the app to discover information about which applications are used on the device.modify system settingsAllows the app to modify the system’s settings data. Malicious apps may corrupt your system’s configuration.access Bluetooth settingsAllows the app to configure the local Bluetooth tablet, and to discover and pair with remote devices. Allows the app to configure the local Bluetooth phone, and to discover and pair with remote devices.
- Network communication
view Wi-Fi connectionsAllows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and name of connected Wi-Fi devices.view network connectionsAllows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.