RARLAB’s RAR for Android can create RAR and ZIP and unpack RAR, ZIP, TAR, GZ, BZ2, XZ, 7z, ISO, ARJ archives. List of functions include repair command for damaged ZIP and RAR files, benchmark function compatible with RARLAB’s WinRAR benchmark, recovery record, usual and recovery volumes, encryption, solid archives, utilizing multiple CPU cores to compress data.
Additionally to standard ZIP files, unzip function supports ZIP and ZIPX with BZIP2, LZMA and PPMd compression. Unrar command is available for all versions of RAR archives including the latest RAR5. Both UDF and ISO9660 ISO file format can be unpacked.
If you wish to help us translating RAR to your language, please download RAR for Android language files in “RAR extras” section of www.rarlab.com and follow instructions in readme.txt. Thank you.
– Holo Dark theme is a new default. Holo Light can be enabled in settings;
– navigation panel instead of favorites menu. Swipe from left edge of screen or touch RAR icon to open it. New panel also includes archive history, which can be disabled in settings;
– RAR 4.x compression option in archiving dialog;
– notification in Android status bar while working in background;
– Bulgarian, Dutch, Italian, Simplified Chinese translations.