“We don’t flip, grid, flood, mix, 360, or use steroids. We just News.” -The News”I love this app so much, since you know, I designed it.” -Anna C.
The News App is not just another reader app. It’s a news *browser*, with a simple philosophy: open, read.
By being a browser and native app, The News blends the best of both worlds. Enjoy native app speed and styled reader views, while also enjoying the mobile web in all its HTML5 glory.
The News is also great tablet app! So fire up those tablets and enjoy one of the most polished Android news browsers (perhaps, the only?) around.
* Scrollable home screen widget!
* Android beam support! That’s right folks- don’t just show your friends the news: beam it to them baby!
* Reader mode! That site you’re on doesn’t have a mobile-friendly version? Well 2004 called, and they want their lack of mobile support back. But have no fear, we’ve got you covered! Just press the Reader button, and you’ll get a beautifully styled reading friendly view.
* Actual, real, honest tablet support. We didn’t just stretch this bad boy and call it “tablet friendly”. Who in their right mind would do that? everyonelese … We designed this from the ground up for a specific tablet reading experience. With good ol’ fragments and all. Portrait and landscape. Boom.
* Bezel Swipe! DID YOU HEAR THAT??? I mean, aside from Chrome for Android, who else has that? Oh, I dunno, WE DO. Yes, the rumours are true. The News for Android supports bezel swiping. Please, no autographs now.
* Social Reading! What does that mean? It means that if you so choose, you may share what you are reading with your friends, and in return, see what they are reading as well. Who knew your best bud Sam is an origami aficionado? Well, now you know.
What’s in this version:
* Awesome bezel swiping! You can now control the flow between topics, headlines and browser with one finger swiping..
* Jellybean/Nexus 7 optimized!
THIS APPLICATION HAS ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING:
- NETWORK COMMUNICATION
FULL NETWORK ACCESSAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.CONTROL NEAR FIELD COMMUNICATIONAllows the app to communicate with Near Field Communication (NFC) tags, cards, and readers.
MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR USB STORAGE MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR SD CARDAllows the app to write to the USB storage. Allows the app to write to the SD card.
TEST ACCESS TO PROTECTED STORAGE TEST ACCESS TO PROTECTED STORAGEAllows the app to test a permission for USB storage that will be available on future devices. Allows the app to test a permission for the SD card that will be available on future devices.