– Simple and clear design for easy access to our most detailed and up-to-date information
– Search for locations (automatically added to your favourites), or use your current location
– Hourly forecasts with detailed information for the next 48 hrs (UK)
– Look further ahead with 3 hourly forecasts (UK and International)
– Tap each hour for extra detail including Pressure, Visibility and Humidity
– A day overview including Sunrise/Sunset times, UV, with Pollen and Pollution information for the UK
– Swipe vertically to view all your favourite locations
– Interactive home screen widget, and in Android 4.2 a lock screen widget (widgets unavailable if app is moved to SD card)
– Share favourite locations with a friend via NFC
– Accessibility for users of TalkBack text to speech
– Designed and optimised for Android, including Android’s new Navigation Drawer
• Ability to store the app on the SD card. Widgets will not be available if you choose to use this function. This is a feature of the Android system.
• This app is currently not available for users in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man. The BBC and Google are working to resolve this issue.
THIS APPLICATION HAS ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING:
- YOUR LOCATION
APPROXIMATE LOCATION (NETWORK-BASED)Allows the app to get your approximate location. This location is derived by location services using network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine approximately where you are.PRECISE LOCATION (GPS AND NETWORK-BASED)Allows the app to get your precise location using the Global Positioning System (GPS) or network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
- NETWORK COMMUNICATION
FULL NETWORK ACCESSAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.CONTROL NEAR FIELD COMMUNICATIONAllows the app to communicate with Near Field Communication (NFC) tags, cards, and readers.
- NETWORK COMMUNICATION
VIEW NETWORK CONNECTIONSAllows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
- YOUR APPLICATIONS INFORMATION
RUN AT STARTUPAllows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the device and allow the app to slow down the overall device by always running.