Focal is a fully featured camera app looking to provide the most features on the most phones possible, including device-specific features on some devices.
This app is the official release from the ex-CyanogenMod app.
*** THIS IS BETA: It has high chances of NOT WORKING PROPERLY – Instead of rating 1-star because something doesn’t work, just WAIT FOR AN UPDATE – This is FREE! If it doesn’t work on your device then REPORT THE BUG, then WAIT AND SEE — If you don’t want to test it, don’t install it. ***
If you want to support the development, buy the Donate app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.xplod.focal.donate
– A photo and video mode, supporting many features (burst mode, timer mode, scene mode, shutter speed on Sony devices, …)
– A panorama mode, currently semi-broken
– A PicSphere mode, open-source replacement of Google’s PhotoSphere, to do 360° sphere shots
– A review drawer, by sliding from the top of the screen (in portrait). It shows your latest pictures.
In photo mode, you also have access to a few tools, such as automatic picture enhancement (auto-awesome), or a rule of thirds overlay. On some devices, settings such as Color adjustment, HDR and a manual light measure point are also available. Double tapping the screen will put your in quick shot mode, where tapping the screen anywhere will take a picture.
In video mode, high-framerate video is also possible.
Need help? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=45806383
– You can slide a widget’s left handle to the right to close it
– You can swipe twice to temporarily hide open widgets, and swipe back to recover them
– You can pin widgets on your main screen
– You can scroll the sidebar
– This app targets mostly phones, but should mostly work on tablets.
– It is fully open source (GPL), and the sources can be downloaded at https://github.com/xplodwild/android_packages_apps_Focal
– It is a BETA, which means you might encounter bugs and crashes. I’m mostly working on newer devices (Galaxy S3 and +), so older devices might encounter more issues than recent ones.
– I do this in my free time, and this is a free software. Instead of rating 1 star because there is a bug, you should do a constructive comment, or raise the issue to me on twitter, @xplodwild. Or even better, fork the project and fix the problem 🙂
– Even if some parts of the app sucks for now, they’ll improve over time.