Seapilot BETA – beta version of Seapilot for Windows Phone
Professional marine navigation used to require an expensive GPS plotter. Now, same technology used in merchant shipping is available for Windows Phone.
Seapilot lets you navigate like a pro with vectorized S-57 chart data from National Maritime Administrations. Seapilot uses the Windows Phone built in GPS, so it works even when there is no mobile network coverage. This is the first navigation app to feature Automatic Identification System (AIS) and AIS weather in real time, when within a mobile network. Charts are available for purchase.
Use it to navigate, to plan tomorrow’s boat trip or reminisce about yesterday’s. (PS. Even works in your sofa at home.)
Seapilot for Windows Phone features:
• Professional navigation based on merchant shipping standards for ECDIS (Electronic Chart Display and Information System)
• S-57 chart data (In-App Purchase) and AIS data from National Maritime Administrations
• AIS (Automatic Identification System) for real-time tracking of vessels equipped with an AIS transponder.
• Weather in real time via AIS from national weather stations showing wind speed and direction, air pressure, temperature, etc. Automatically displays information for the nearest weather station. (At present only in Sweden. To be extended.)
• High quality 5-day Coastal Weather Forecasts (as purchase), directly in chart
• Developed by Stockholmradio and True Heading, leaders in marine navigation and communication at sea, with cutting-edge AIS and VHF know-how
– Positioning via GPS
– Visualization of S-57 chart data from National Maritime Administrations
– AIS data from National Maritime Administrations via Internet (3G or WLAN)
– Course and speed vector for AIS targets
– Own heading
– Autonomous navigation – charts downloaded to the device
– Rapid chart management
– Easy return to own position
– Option of tracking your own boat on the chart
– Displays position, course and speed
– Adjustable own speed and course vector
– Man Overboard function
– Display settings for day, dawn/dusk and night
– Past track
– Plotting/marking objects
– Electronic bearing and range marker from own vessel
– Chart object search
– AIS target search
– Setting of safety contour (2, 3, 6, 10 and 15 meters)
– Hide/show status, tool bar and own AIS target
– World chart for rough overview/orientation
– National S-57 chart data for US east coast, US west coast and US Great lakes, with more countries in development
– Coastal Weather Forecasts for 5 days
– Internet AIS-data
– Nav tools 1: Marks, routes and past track
Based on 140 years of experience, Seapilot has been developed by True Heading (www.trueheading.se/us) – experts at AIS, VHF, marine navigation and communication at sea.
• True Heading is a leader in AIS products with over 40 years of navigation experience. – An authority on professional navigation.
Your input is essential in helping us further develop Seapilot. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] For the latest info, like Seapilot on www.facebook.com/seapilot.se.
BETA version of Seapilot for Windows Phone
- Windows Phone 8.1
- internet connection
- location services
- HD720P (720×1280)
- WVGA (480×800)
- WXGA (768×1280)