The unlocker can be found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=robj.floating.notificationsunlocker
Themes for FN can be found both on the Play Store (search “FN Theme”) or on XDA (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2283623)
Any issues, requests or suggestions?
Follow us on Twitter (@FNforAndroid)
Like us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/floatingnotifications)
Circle us on Google Plus (http://gplus.to/chatheads)
Get beta access by joining the community (http://gplus.to/fnbeta)
Or email us at [email protected]
Icon by FineTalent of XDA – http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4841935
FN is not able to make notifications disappear from your status bar. An app cannot dismiss another apps notification.
However, if you want any of your favourite apps to either make their status bar notification disappear when you dismiss the corresponding Floating Notification, or vica versa, you can point them to this page where they can add Floating Notifications integration:
This is NOT Halo. There are no popups of full apps and nor will there ever be. If that is what you are after unfortunately you will not find it here.
– Some Samsung devices might start reading aloud, this is a known Samsung bug, it is not something I can fix however a number of possible fixes can be found here: http://goo.gl/mnzjIAnd you can see Samsung’s response to the issue here http://goo.gl/l1E3d
– Swipe keyboard input on some Samsung devices might stop working (typing only), again, this is a known Samsung bug, it is not something I can fix
If you receive no notifications
Do you have other accessibility services enabled? If so disable them, enable Floating Notifications, then re enable them.
Known issues (not caused by this app)
– If you are on 4.2 and using the screen on option, when you phone is locked, instead of the usual screen timeout of 10 – 40 seconds (depending on device) it’ll instead use your normal display timeout (the one you set in your display settings) – this could result in battery drain is your normal timeout is long ( >1 min)
– If you are on Sense 5 and using the lock screen option, any touch can unlock the phone, this is a known Sense issue
– Google Now notifications will not appear in this app
– Kik Messenger notifications will not appear in this app
THIS APPLICATION HAS ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING:
- NETWORK COMMUNICATION
FULL NETWORK ACCESSAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR USB STORAGEAllows the app to write to the USB storage.
- YOUR APPLICATIONS INFORMATION
RETRIEVE RUNNING APPSAllows the app to retrieve information about currently and recently running tasks. This may allow the app to discover information about which applications are used on the device.
- OTHER APPLICATION UI
DRAW OVER OTHER APPSAllows the app to draw on top of other applications or parts of the user interface. They may interfere with your use of the interface in any application, or change what you think you are seeing in other applications.
- SYSTEM TOOLS
TEST ACCESS TO PROTECTED STORAGEAllows the app to test a permission for USB storage that will be available on future devices.
- AFFECTS BATTERY
PREVENT DEVICE FROM SLEEPINGAllows the app to prevent the device from going to sleep.