With the widget you can assign one or more screens on your home launcher to be dedicated for usage inside the car.
Unlike Car Home applications, you still will have access to all other screens of your launcher.HOW TO USE/OPEN/ADD
On any home screen press “menu”, then “add”, select “widgets” and choose “Car Widget” from the list of available widgets.
You might need to restart the device in order to widget to appear in the list.Main features:
* 4×4 widget
* You can assign 6 shortcuts per widget
* 5 Skins: Holo, Glossy, Car Home, Metro (Windows Phone 7), BlackBearBlac
* Customization options: background color
and opacity, font size and color, icons tint
* Replacement for “Car Dock” / “Car Home” applications.
* Apply custom icon and edit title of shortcut
* Apply ADW Icon packAvailable shortcuts (can be expanded by installed applications):
* Direct dial (require CALL_PHONE permission)
* Direct message
* Directions & Navigation (Using Google Maps)
* Gmail label
* Music playlist
* Built-In Shortcuts – (InCar switch, Play/Pause, Next, Previous – Experimental)Free version includes Trial of features available in the Car Widget Pro.
Car Widget Pro features:
Detects when you inside the car and adjusts settings of your phone.
Detection: (possible to combine all of the options):
* When power cable connected
* When headphones connected
* When Bluetooth device connected
* Turn on Bluetooth
* Disable screen timeout
* Adjust screen brightness
* Adjust volume level of media
* Switch off Wi-Fi
* Route call to speaker
* Auto answer (Experimental)
* Autorun App
* Shortcuts in notification bar (Android 4.0)
– It’s not possible to unlock screen from widget
– It’s not possible to switch to specific screen from widget
What’s in this version:
* 2 new skins, new default skin
* Widget preview
* Icon themes support
* Built-in shortcuts (InCar switch, Play/Pause, Next, Previous – Experimental, TuneIn Car Mode)
* Support more formats for custom images
* Action bar
* Fix Android 4.2
* InCar Trial mode (10 runs) – new permissions of the pro version – I plan to increase price of the pro version in the end of the month
* Add 3 shortcuts in notification – Android 4.0
* Fix bugs with brightness switch, route to speaker
THIS APPLICATION HAS ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING:
- SERVICES THAT COST YOU MONEY
DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERSAllows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. This may result in unexpected charges or calls. Note that this doesn’t allow the app to call emergency numbers. Malicious apps may cost you money by making calls without your confirmation.
- HARDWARE CONTROLS
CHANGE YOUR AUDIO SETTINGSAllows the app to modify global audio settings such as volume and which speaker is used for output.
- NETWORK COMMUNICATION
PAIR WITH BLUETOOTH DEVICESAllows the app to view the configuration of Bluetooth on the tablet, and to make and accept connections with paired devices. Allows the app to view the configuration of the Bluetooth on the phone, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.
- PHONE CALLS
READ PHONE STATUS AND IDENTITYAllows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR USB STORAGE MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR SD CARDAllows the app to write to the USB storage. Allows the app to write to the SD card.
- SYSTEM TOOLS
ACCESS BLUETOOTH SETTINGSAllows the app to configure the local Bluetooth tablet, and to discover and pair with remote devices. Allows the app to configure the local Bluetooth phone, and to discover and pair with remote devices.PREVENT TABLET FROM SLEEPING PREVENT PHONE FROM SLEEPINGAllows the app to prevent the tablet from going to sleep. Allows the app to prevent the phone from going to sleep.MODIFY SYSTEM SETTINGSAllows the app to modify the system’s settings data. Malicious apps may corrupt your system’s configuration.CONNECT AND DISCONNECT FROM WI-FIAllows the app to connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points and to make changes to device configuration for Wi-Fi networks.
- NETWORK COMMUNICATION
VIEW WI-FI CONNECTIONSAllows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and name of connected Wi-Fi devices.
- PHONE CALLS
MODIFY PHONE STATEAllows the app to control the phone features of the device. An app with this permission can switch networks, turn the phone radio on and off and the like without ever notifying you.
TEST ACCESS TO PROTECTED STORAGE TEST ACCESS TO PROTECTED STORAGEAllows the app to test a permission for USB storage that will be available on future devices. Allows the app to test a permission for the SD card that will be available on future devices.